Home · Food Reviews · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepliverepeat
Instagram

about me

= A Malaysian Soul =
- Foodie at Heart -
+ World Traveller +

footsteps

take your pick



twitter


Global Destinations
Dining in the Dark, KL
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
The Great Wall of China

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House
Stay in an Underwater Hotel
Cruise on the Royal Caribbean

Recent Posts
· Thesis Poster
· Cow & Moon
· Meadow Cafe
· 21st Birthday Week
· Ryo's Noodles
· Ume
· Burnt Orange
· Ramen Ikkyu
· Wooden Spoon
· August Top 2013

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Gallery
Living life to the fullest #yolo

Instagram

Brooklyn Hide
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

Yet another new cafe popped up in Surry Hills - Brooklyn Hide.
& It's a bagel shop! Oooooooooooh.
I've never tried bagels before, so this was pretty exciting :D

They have several types of bagels on their menu (Sourdough Rye, Poppy Seed, Blueberrye etc.)
You could spread it, or you could go further with adding a meat of your choice! (like chicken or pork)


'Brooklyn Hide is as New York as it gets'


Brooklyn Hide - Braised pork, fresh cucumber & apple jam w/ poppy seed bagel ($10)

I went for the braised pork!
I've tasted some amazing braised/pulled pork in sydney, and I was expecting the same with this choice.
Unfortunately it was dissapointing. 
Sighpies :(

The pork was quite tough and dry.
The whole thing could have seriously been amazing if the pork was tender and soft.
Cause the idea is there!

I tried the bagel just by itself, and it actually tasted nice!
It had this fragrance to the bread that just leaves you wanting more.


Brooklyn Breakfast - Fresh corn, prosciutto, tomato & capsicum w/ oregano bagel ($?)

I thought this was SO cute.
Smallest breakfast pan I've ever seen.
Though, I didn't actually order this, my friend did :P


Midtown - Corned beef, gruyere, sauerkraut, mustard mayonnaise w/ 'abit of everyhing' bagel ($10)

A few of my friends also ordered this, and they seem to like it!

Overall, the Brooklyn Hide 'experience' was pretty good.
I really really like their bagels.
I might actually go back just to have a snack - a simple bagel w/ spread.
But their lunch bagels are nothing to rave about.

I can't believe bagels are not a common thing here.
Come on Sydney! More!

Brooklyn Hide on Urbanspoon

Labels: , ,