Home · Food Reviews · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepliverepeat
Instagram

about me

= A Malaysian Soul =
- Foodie at Heart -
+ World Traveller +

footsteps

take your pick



twitter


Global Destinations
Dining in the Dark, KL
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
The Great Wall of China

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House
Stay in an Underwater Hotel
Cruise on the Royal Caribbean

Recent Posts
· Wooden Spoon
· August Top 2013
· Cala Luna
· Gelato Messina
· Toshiya
· Mad Spuds
· MasterChef Dining & Bar
· Copo Cafe & Diner
· Chur Burger
· Kepos Street Kitchen

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Gallery
Living life to the fullest #yolo

Instagram

Ramen Ikkyu
Saturday, September 7, 2013 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

Ramen Ikkyu was listed under the 'talk of the town' in urbanspoon.
Seen some pictures, and there was one dish that made my curiosity itch.
It's their pork ribs ramen
(mind blown)
Never heard of such ramen before, so I just had to try it.

The place itself was pretty hard to find. 
It's this small little shop/counter located in a food court in a building.
I didn't know this, so I spent some time roaming around & wondering if I was at the right place.

And I finally found it!


Their serving system is pretty unique.
When you reach their counter, you have to select your ramen choice using their ipad. 
You then proceed to pay the lady.
Having two ipads going simultaneously really does speed up the queue.
Smart!


After waiting for about 10 minutes or so..
Behold,


Pork Ribs Ramen w/ shallots, egg, seaweed and bamboo shoots ($20)

OMG.
Looks damn delish right? :D
Unfortunately that was not the case.

This bowl disappointed me on a few levels:
1) The pork was tough :( it was not at all tender.
2) The broth was harsh and heavy. I thought they would provide with a more delicate broth since the huge pork ribs is already really filling.
3) The bamboo shoots tasted weird, it has this smelly taste that made me want to barf.
4) The egg was overcooked :/ (was sad)

Everything that could go wrong with a ramen, went wrong.
I've tried a few ramen places, and I can say that Ryo's Noodles in Crows Nest is still my all time favourite.

Maybe their other ramen choices might taste better since I've seen some bloggers raving about Ikkyu.
But based on the dish that I had, I will not return.

Ramen Ikkyu on Urbanspoon

Labels: , ,