Home · Food Reviews · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepliverepeat
Instagram

about me

= A Malaysian Soul =
- Foodie at Heart -
+ World Traveller +

footsteps

take your pick



twitter


Global Destinations
Dining in the Dark, KL
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
The Great Wall of China

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House
Stay in an Underwater Hotel
Cruise on the Royal Caribbean

Recent Posts
· Toshiya
· Mad Spuds
· MasterChef Dining & Bar
· Copo Cafe & Diner
· Chur Burger
· Kepos Street Kitchen
· Revolver
· In The Annex
· Black Star Pastry
· West Julliet

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Gallery
Living life to the fullest #yolo

Instagram

Gelato Messina
Friday, August 30, 2013 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

I've been to two Gelato Messina's in Sydney.
There's one located at Surry Hills, and another located at Darlinghurst.
Go to the Darlinghurst one!
Why?
Because they serve these :)



Bombe Alaska vs Dr Evil's Magic Mushroom

They serve these cool/fancy looking desserts called Monoporzione.
Monoporzione simply means 'one portion'.
Not sure why they went with using this word. I guess it just sounds sophisticated? Hmm.

But yes, I had to try out their popular Dr Evil's Magic Mushroom!
I think the 'magical' part is when you eat the green bit.
I'm not going to spoil anything. Go and try it for yourself :P

However, the texture of their desserts are questionable. 
We had quite a hard time eating it because it was too hard (due to being too chilled)
It would be more enjoyable if the temperature was slightly lowered, so that the spoon would be able to cut through the dessert with ease.

The way which I ate the mushroom was by stabbing the spoon through the middle, and biting it from the sides.
That's how tough it was.

I guess these desserts wasn't created to wow you with delicate textures, 
But instead was created to show how much fun(or not) you can have with desserts!

Labels: , , ,