Home · Food Reviews · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepliverepeat
Instagram

about me

= A Malaysian Soul =
- Foodie at Heart -
+ World Traveller +

footsteps

take your pick



twitter


Global Destinations
Dining in the Dark, KL
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
The Great Wall of China

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House
Stay in an Underwater Hotel
Cruise on the Royal Caribbean

Recent Posts
· Taiwan Travels : Jiu Fen Old Street & Sky Castle T...
· Taiwan Travels : Shilin Night Market
· Taiwan Travels : Arrival at Taipei
· Taiwan Post Depression
· Things I Own #003 - Herschel Camo Colorblock Backpack
· Taiwan Trip Countdown
· Papaya's Beach Lodge
· Things I Own #002 - Samsung Galaxy S5
· Things I Own #001 - Mickey Mouse Mug
· Sarawak Kolo Mee

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Gallery
Living life to the fullest #yolo

Instagram

#DWP14 - Djakarta Warehouse Project
Saturday, December 20, 2014 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

On 12th-14th December I went to Jakarta just for the weekend to experience DWP!
Djakarta Warehouse Project
It's the biggest annual rave in Indonesia and I would say the event was world class!
Such high standards.
I was seriously impressed.
I went to this event along with my colleague and his wife, a friend from KL and a friend from Jakarta itself :P


Loved the line up!
Not much trance but hey I actually like all EDM genres (except trap)

I didn't have any more leave when I planned to go to this
So I had to fly straight after work on friday to Jakarta via KL
We pretty much missed out half of Day 1 by the time we arrived :(


We arrived on friday around 11:30pm and we only got into the venue around 1:30am :/

Behold..


The Mainstage
Such an amazing design
Loooooooved the garuda inspiration
I wish I could go back already 
#bringmebackplease

Steve Angelo was spinning at the mainstage at that time
A while after we went to check out the trance stage


Orjan Nilsen & MarLo
The layout was their second stage was also incredible
I seriously need to go back and experience this all over again right now LOL



We headed back to the mainstage to catch the headliner for Day 1



Skrillex - Intro


I'm not a huge fan of Skrillex but I would say his performance was incredible!


Nearly all of his songs has a customized visual attached to it
It's all seriously interesting cause it's like the most random visuals ever
Most of the visuals goes along the line of violence, aliens, shooting, video games, fire, explosions, emoji and more random stuff 

Even the lion king song and visual came on for a while
It was so funny and amusing
Check out the video I took below!


He brought so much energy to the crowd it was just amazing
What a great end to Day 1 :)

---

It's Day 2 and we're getting ready for our second EDM fix


During the day we headed to the Grand Indonesia shopping mall grab lunch and to have a look around

Jakarta. Traffic. Is. Horrendous.

It's so bad that I cringe every time I have to take a taxi ride
We wasted time in a 2 hours jam just to get to the mall where the actual time without traffic to get there is only 30 minutes
My god.
But still, I guess it was worth it cause the shopping mall is amazing
One of the best malls I've been to


Nasi Kampung Kambing(?) & some sort of mixed satay (chicken & lamb)
Very interesting.


We also stopped by Jakarta's version of N2 gelato :P
#hehefoodadventures


Please do not feed the scientist.
#indonesiastyle


This is a concoction of Avocado & Espresso!
It was sooooooooooooooo yummy
This reminded me of the times I did food hunts in Sydney


It's Day 2 of DWP and we're ready to rave!
Nothing much left to say :P
I'll just end up repeating myself cause I'm gonna say amazing, awesome and incredible again LOL


Nervo


#fireworks


Above & Beyonddddddddddd!


DVBBS

For the final act, we went to see DVBBS at the Life in Colour Stage
The stage was insanely messy and crazy omg
They shot paint from the stage almost every 3 songs
Nearly everyone got soaked
Don't have a picture or video of the paint shoot but here's a video of a 'lighter in the air moment' :)


Okay that's pretty much my trip to Jakarta for DWP 2014
I had such an amazing weekend
I would do this all over again no doubt
But I'm thinking of tackling different raves around the world :D

I don't have the budget to go to raves in USA or Europe yet
So I'll stick to raves around Asia for the moment
I'm considering UMF Japan soon.
But first, Future Music Festival Asia 2015 here I come!

#eatsleepliverepeat?

#eatsleepRAVErepeat.