Home · Food Reviews · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepliverepeat
Instagram

about me

= A Malaysian Soul =
- Foodie at Heart -
+ World Traveller +

footsteps

take your pick



twitter


Global Destinations
Dining in the Dark, KL
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
The Great Wall of China

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House
Stay in an Underwater Hotel
Cruise on the Royal Caribbean

Recent Posts
· Things I Own #001 - Mickey Mouse Mug
· Sarawak Kolo Mee
· Name Card
· Eat Sleep Live Repeat
· W O R L D S
· Wires
· How to make a Birthday Card
· #sweet&sourpork
· #FJCruiser
· #menuloggiveaway

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Gallery
Living life to the fullest #yolo

Instagram

Things I Own #002 - Samsung Galaxy S5
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

Recently switched from apple to android!
The main reason why I switched was because of the ability to add widgets and the ability to customize nearly everything.

The trigger that lead me to make this decision;
I saw my colleague's phone at work and he had quick previews/access to his apps right at his home screen.
Then I thought - Damn. I want that.
So I felt like it was time to move on from apple and dive and into the world of android - See what they have to offer.

But being an iPhone user for 4 years, a world where customization is minimal and everything is in order, I struggled.
Out of the box, the Galaxy S5 throws everything they have at you.
There are already more than 30 applications pre-installed for you, even if you don't need them.
On top of that, every single application has numerous settings for you to alter and play around with.

It's almost too much to handle :O

It took me several days to finally settle down.
Until now, I am still learning to use the functions that comes with the phone, and discovering the potential of all the personalization apps that comes with their play store.

But at the end, when you finally have a customized layout that completely fits to your liking, a
ndroid is a fantastic operating system.
I've chosen a suitable lock screen theme, organised my home screen and added my favourite widgets in such a way that it will increase my productivity in my to day life.
Something that I could not do with the apple iOS.
Although, I do feel that the Galaxy S5's screen and camera quality is not as superior as the iPhone.
It was something that I had to compromise.

That being said, I have absolutely no regrets trying out android.
It opened my eyes to a whole new world.

In a nutshell:

Apple is for those who likes simplicity. 
A streamlined and refined operating system that works without too much to worry about.

Android is for those who likes customization.
A world where there are endless possibilities to how you choose to conceptualize the layout and functionality of your phone.