Home · Food Reviews · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepliverepeat
Instagram

about me

= A Malaysian Soul =
- Foodie at Heart -
+ World Traveller +

footsteps

take your pick



twitter


Global Destinations
Dining in the Dark, KL
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
The Great Wall of China

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House
Stay in an Underwater Hotel
Cruise on the Royal Caribbean

Recent Posts
· Taiwan Post Depression
· Things I Own #003 - Herschel Camo Colorblock Backpack
· Taiwan Trip Countdown
· Papaya's Beach Lodge
· Things I Own #002 - Samsung Galaxy S5
· Things I Own #001 - Mickey Mouse Mug
· Sarawak Kolo Mee
· Name Card
· Eat Sleep Live Repeat
· W O R L D S

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Gallery
Living life to the fullest #yolo

Instagram

Taiwan Travels : Arrival at Taipei
Friday, October 31, 2014 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

Hellooo!
This is my first official travel diary for Eat Sleep Live Repeat
I went to Taipei, Taiwan for a 5D5N trip with my friend MPY :D

So for the first day, I arrived at the Taiwan Taoyuan Airport at 9am in the morning and of course I just had to snap a photo of something that says welcome to Taiwan


Was suuuuuuuuuper excited by this point!
(and zombiefied, I only had 3 hours of sleep the night before) 

We booked a hotel in Songshan District called Simple+
The hotel itself was excellent!
The only problem was that the location was slightly inconvenient because we needed to always switch train lines to get to our hotel stop.
However, all was forgiven when we enjoyed the perks offered by the hotel :D
Free wifi, free laundry, free gym, breakfast included and unlimited coffee!
Furthermore, the hotel had a minimalist design which I seriously admired.

Wish I could show it through photos!
I didn't take enough photos this trip
I should have spammed taking photos everywhere LOL
I mean I did but I guess it wasn't enough since I'm actually blogging about my trip :l

Anywho, when we arrived the hotel we couldn't check in yet, so we dropped our bags and started to wandered off.
There was a 7-11 right next to our hotel and I've heard good things about the 7-11's in Taiwan!
When I walked in, the first thing I saw was a mini hotpot station.
Wow.
There's small two seater tables at the side of the shop, so you could actually have a meal here! :O


Their range of items for sale is actually very interesting.
They even have a range of instant meals like rice and noodles that you could just pop in the oven!
Went to look through the drinks section and I saw this bottle of Classical Milk Tea.


25 TWD = 80 Cents!
That is just incredibly cheap
I always regarded 7-11 to be an expensive convenience store

After I bought my trusty drink,
We proceeded to roam blindly in Taipei LOL
I'm not sure why this happened but we ended up going to the visit the Taipei Main Station as we thought there would be things to see there.
Big mistake.
Avoid this place at all costs.

Though there was this small underground alley that has a few unique restaurants.
I seriously lol-ed when I saw this:


PappaRichie + A man with an afro hairdo LOL

For lunch, we went into this tomato themed restaurant and before my eyes is a Tomato Cheese Ramen!
What is this creation o_o


I ordered it and it tasted pretty average tbh.
It just tasted like ramen in a tomato soup.
But yeah no harm trying new things!

Okay that's all for now.
I've been pretty busy and tired with work so I don't have much time to blog about my trip.
But I'll definitely set aside more time for blogging!

Here's a sneak preview of what my next blog post will be about ;)